Realizing that this title could have two (or maybe several…) different meanings, I suppose some clarification is required. The carrying on of one type happened New Year’s Eve, if you can call visiting friends at 8pm and being home by 10pm carrying on, then yes, we did!
I’m talking about the good kind of Carrying On. I have been extremely happy with how things have been going toward the end of 2012. My plan for 2012 was ambitious, I accomplished some, and some not quite yet.
Here’s 2013- In part:
1. Christmas Spirit– Didn’t even know I could still muster it up. Happy that I could. This may not seem that important, but it is. It made a big difference for both Ralph and Me.
2. Focused and on Track with my Weight Watchers Efforts-I don’t know where that focus came from but I hope it decided to live with me for a while. I plan to keep working at it and get to my personal goal. Two pounds to go, I know I can handle it. Then I need to Stay there. That’s the plan.
3. Reading-Who ever would have guessed, least of all Me that I would end 2012 with 84 books read? I’m pretty excited about my reading plan for 2013 and we’ll see how I do.
4. Daily Journaling-It didn’t happen daily and it didn’t get started until later in the year, but now I’m journaling at least a few days a week. I’ll work on improving that.
5. Exercise-I’ve kept up with my exercise bike on an almost daily basis…it’s really just an excuse to read, but I’ll take what I can get! And I’ll try to keep it up.
6. Getting out of New Jersey– Not quite there yet. We did get the chance to spend almost a month in New Mexico during August and that was incredible.
7. Getting reading to get out of New Jersey-There is still much work to be done, but I have a plan and I’m sticking to it. We WILL get to New Mexico. Nothing can stop us now!
8. Gratitude Jar– Such a simple concept, but I love the idea. As I mentioned in Sunday’s post, I have my big old Mason Jar and each day (that’s my plan) I’m going to write down one thing for which I am thankful. I think it’s a good idea and I’ve had comments from several people who like the idea and plan to join in.
The beginning of a new year is always just a little scary. What will it bring? Will it be good or will it be bad? I think it’s all in the attitude with which we approach it.
A New Day is Dawning…
Let’s make the most of it!
Happy New Year!!! It’s going to be a Great One!!