As I begin my Week In Review post, I realize that one of the things I haven’t done since coming back to New Jersey is flip to the October page on my calendar. I keep notes and such on it so it’s more than a simple flip of the page. Hopefully, I’ll get to it before November! So, Welcome to Week In Review. This is a wonderful link-up by the ever list-worthy Meghan at Clean Eats, Fast Feets. Be sure to check things out over at CEFF when you’ve finished here.
It’s supposed to be all about the lists but as always I’m a bit disjointed after over a month away. This will be all over the place. I wish I could focus (Oh, that word again…) on the entire trip, but I’ll give some highlights and leave it at that.
1. Pad Thai-I hear about this all over the blog world but I’ve never had it. I had the opportunity while in New Mexico. The funny thing was that it was at an Asian buffet restaurant. I asked the server for a menu and you might have thought I had three heads by the look I got. Guess they don’t get asked for a menu very often. It took a while to get it (Ralph was through two plates of buffet before I got mine) but it was worth it. So much so that I ordered it again on a different visit. (Apparently I only had two heads on that visit…not such a shocked look when I asked for the menu.)
2. Having to call for a replacement rental car due to technical difficulties. It was a long process (that’s what happens when you break down in Nowhere, Texas) but after about six hours we had another car and were on our way. I guess I’m glad this happened on the way back from NM although at this point we were in a time crunch and it added to our frustration.
3. Having the opportunity to spend almost a month at our home in New Mexico. It reinforced my determination to be there permanently. Now to Do It!
4. Going to a military graduation. That was the reason for the time crunch on our return trip. We were heading to Ft. Jackson in Columbia, SC for our grandson Patrick’s graduation from Basic Training. It was an amazing experience. Since we’re scattered around the country now (Ralph and I will be scattered soon, I promise…) we had the chance to all get together.
Alex, Me, Ralph, Bill, Patrick, Heather and Pat.
Patrick just after the graduation ceremony. We are so proud of him. I love a man in uniform!
Patrick and Alex-Brothers saying good-bye before Patrick was off to Ft. Gordon for AIT (Advanced Individual Training-I’m trying to learn these military terms.)
1. Our grandsons are growing up. They’re great kids (young men) and we’re proud of them both. They’ll both make their mark in the world.
2. No matter how you do it, Texas is one dang, long state…especially in the dark and in the middle of Nowhere.
3. I will be living in New Mexico sooner rather than later. This trip cemented one thing for me. NM is where I want to be and I am going to do all that I can to be there. There is still a lot of work to do here in order to make that happen. I’m selling everything that I can and donating what I can’t sell. I’m thinking that Craigslist might become my best friend soon. Can you put your house on Craigslist? If not I have two old houses to sell, As Is…make me an offer!
4. I blogged only sporadically while we were away. I missed it. Most mornings as I sat drinking my coffee, reading and looking at the sunrise, I felt that I should be doing something. That something was writing a post. I actually did some writing while I was there. All those sunrises inspired me to write some poetry. I haven’t done much of that in a long time and it made me happy. I’m going to try to keep at it. Another reason to be in NM…Inspiration.
There really are hundreds of other things I could add to this. I may try to do a recap post at some point. But for now I just want to get back on track with posting in general. I love doing this and I shouldn’t have been such a slug while we were away. If I had been on track I wouldn’t be trying to play catch up now. That seems to be the story of my life. But I’m back and happy to be sharing with all of you.
That’s Week In Review. Be sure to check out the other linkers over at Clean Eats, Fast Feets. Leave some comments. We all love your comments.