I am participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge and I’m enjoying it. However I’m learning my limitations. I admit I’m not perfect. So the Q today is for Question. And the question is…What The Heck Happened To “Q” Yesterday?!?! The answer is…I Don’t Know! I’ll allow my excuse to be the fact that I was so excited about getting to R for Ralph that I jumped the gun, you should excuse the expression.
Anyway, I’m here today with Q and not totally sure where to go with it. Since I got to read other A to Z bloggers posts yesterday, I must share one thing with you from my new-found friend Jayne over at Ach du Lieber, Jayne! New found friend thanks to the A to Z Challenge! She’s been having fun with words, a Lot of fun. After realizing my alphabetical faux pas, I was reading her post and found a word that perfectly described me.
Quasidodo [kwaz-ee-doh-doh] Noun 1. Someone who resembles an idiot, but may or may not actually be one. “Doug’s ridiculous antics and chronic stupidity made Sheila’s uncle wonder why she would be interested in such a quasidodo, when she could have her pick of (complete dodos) successful men in town. “
After telling Ralph about my mistake and Jayne’s word, we of course spent the day saying we were “quasidodos” and smacking our foreheads with our palms. Thanks, Jayne for keeping the old people amused! ;-)
But I do have Questions.
1. Why do I have all of this stuff in my house? I spent yesterday working dutifully on my Kickstart. Part of my “stuff” is actually someone else’s stuff which I inherited. Within that stuff is stuff I really need to send to other people so it can be Their stuff. I got 3 sets of stuff gathered together to be mailed out. Just have to get the envelopes and get them to the Post Office. Good for Me!
2. Why did opening one box give me so much extra work? There was an even bigger project awaiting me in that box. It contained many, many photos that I’m now having to sort. The alumni from the college I attended (Glassboro State College, now Rowan University) is putting together photos from productions (I was a theatre major) we had done. I found a treasure trove among my souvenirs. I’ve come up with a fairly clever way of handling them. I’ll post photos when I’m finished.
3. Do I really have to Keep all of this other stuff that wasn’t mine? This is a frustrating and sometimes heart breaking decision. I can’t keep everything so what do I keep? That’s why this box has been sitting here so long. To add to the frustration there are quite a few more boxes like this at my sister Ele’s house with all of the boxes that came from my old storage unit. Heavy Sigh. I’ll have to figure it out.
4. Where’s Harry Potter when I need him? Sweet little Harry could just wave his magic wand and all of this would be taken care of. Or even Mrs. Weasley…SHE’D know what to do. She’d have this place whipped into shape in no time. I need a magic wand or a Mrs. Weasley. Anyone have one I can borrow?
5. What happened to the letter “Q’? I still have a lot of questions and haven’t answered that one! Maybe I need to ask questions more often here at BCDC. Maybe I’d come up with some answers!
I’ll be back on track tomorrow! “S”omething good will happen!
Happy Friday! Quasidodo signing off!!